Thursday, August 9, 2012

oh Henry...



He was speaking to me today through my ipod. No I have not lost it, well not completely, but I heard the same song from The Rollins Band twice in the last two days. Both times it powered me through some wicked training.

Hit my second and third day back to back due to an interview and training at work. Good thing about that is I did get in an hour of cardio riding my bike. Because of the interview I will be getting in that cardio as I head into the office twice a week. Can't beat that...

So yesterday I did biceps, forearms, calves, hams and quads...very brutal! Today I hit chest, delts, tris, back width and thickness...even more brutal! Feeling a bit sore, a lot tired, and seriously famished. Time to eat some good food and snack on some bacon jerky...yes bacon jerky!

8/8/2012
barbell curls 100x8, 5, 5, 2
wrist curls 205x10, 6, 4
calf raises 250x8 with 10 second pause/stretch at bottom ----feeling this today!
standing leg curl 150x12, 8, 12
squat machine 540x8 rest, then the widowmaker 20 straight reps with 540
----stretched deeply after each exercise

8/9/2012
dumbbell flyes 50x10, 6, 4
machine shoulder press 250x8, 4, 3, 2, 3
pushdowns 100x20, 20
machine row 290x8, 7, 6, 4
kelso shrug 220x10, 8, 10 ---what are these you ask? i shall explain...


The Kelso shrug...sit at a pulldown station, grab the bar underhand, then shrug back as if starting a row. just try to squeeze the shoulder blades together. thrus me you will feel the middle of your traps!

After both lifting sessions I got on the treadmill for 20 minutes.

Now I think I will take a nap....

No comments:

Post a Comment