Sunday, March 10, 2013

Let's start this again

I decided to enter the Summer Shred at Bodybuilding.com. Was planning to enter a bb'ing or physique contest but the money just isn't there for me. Didn't realize just how expensive it is...Strongman is defintely cheaper. So the Summer Shred is perfect for me. I can challenge myself and actually have a reason to train and diet in a totally different way than ever.

The big difference for me is that I have to increase volume, decrease rest, and not try to lift heavy. I can definitley say my conditioning is questionable, but I know it will improve.

So here is my training:

Sunday: Shoulders and hams
Monday: Arms and Quads
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: Kettlebells, Abs, and Grip
Thursday: Chest and Back
I will do low intensity cardio on gym days, just the treadmill for 45 minutes. Will alos be throwing in a 70 minute bike ride at least once a week in place of the Kettlebells.

Here is what today was like...

Side and rear raises 30x10, 3 sets, 1 minute rest
Seated dumbbell press 45x10, 10 sets, 30 second rest
Cable upright row 150x10, 3 sets, 30 second rest
Deadlifts 315x3, 10 sets, 1 minute rest
Pull thrus 120x10, 10 sets, 30 second rest
Treadmill 45 minutes, 3mph, 7 incline

That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment