Friday, November 13, 2009

competition woes...

am i happy with what went on 11-7-09???
sort of.

i made weight at 229.9, refed like an insane rabid beast. so much my gut seriously hurt friday night. got to the comp feeling pretty darn good. but my sinuses were going insane! been fighting an infection the entire week before the comp. i was blowing and coughing dayglo green snot....
made it hard to breathe. add in the dusty windy day and i was in hell.

my first event went well, a PR even! log press with 220lbs for 9 reps. i held the lead momentarily....
deadlift...dammit i blew that one. the suit screwed my groove. could not stand up with the axle. oh well. move on.
after some equipment issues the promoter and judges figured out the next event. tire flip and sled drag. never made it to the sled. the 725lb tire kicked my ass. i need a bigger one to train with.
farmers walk was my shining and shin destroying moment. 120' with a turn at 60' 250lbs each hand. i was running, ok in my opinion. when i crossed the line i let go and bashed my shin on the handle. still feeling it today.
as the sun was setting, yes this comp lasted 8 hours...we started the last event. stone over bar for reps. 250lbs, i got 4 reps. i mentally checked out at this point and was ready for food and alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment