Friday, June 14, 2013

New Challenge Accepted

So I decided to give the Strong to the Cor challenge on Bodybuilding.com a go. Something inside is liking the changes my body has been going through. I figured why continue and see what another six weeks can do.

I did take the last two weeks off from the gym to rest, heal, and catch up on stuff. I also laid out my plan for training and eating. Going to be very similar to what I have done before. Theone major change is a gym cardio/ab/grip day. Also since the weather is nice I am going to hit the pool for recovery.

Training...
Sunday Shoulders/Hams/Elliptical
Monday Arms/Quads/Elliptical
Tuesday & Wednesday Tabata intervals with kettlebell, medicine ball, and hammer
Thursday Chest/Back/Deads
Friday Cardio/Abs/Grip
Saturday OFF!

Gym days will be a variation of HIIT 100s. Startingat 30 seconds and dropping 10 seconds rest every week and then going back up. Deadlifts will be 10x10 with 60 seconds rest. This is brutal andwhy I am doing no cardio that day.

Eating is very easy. Followingthe Warrior Diet. I keep calories low during the day and keep away from most carbs until training. After training I gorge, but I keep it clean. Trying to keep calories between 1500 and 2000. The food I eat is mainly chicken, eggs and turkey. I throw in greens, rice and oatmeal to balance out my eating.

Supplements I keep pretty simple: fish oil, aminos, D, C, E, and melatonin. I plan on ading in a couple shakes per day for the extra calories.

Really excited to get going again. Amazing what dedication and desire can do for you...

Good luck to everyone in the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment