Saturday, June 22, 2013

On the Seventh Day...

Finally....Rest Day...has arrived. (in my best Rock voice)



I should be used to this but this week was tough. Sore from day one aand it never went away. I powered through every training session including the dreaded cardio.

Tuesday and Wednesday were rough. The soreness made doing the Tabata intervals very interesting. Tuesday I opted to go easy with my Leverage Hammer from Ironmind and my 12lb med ball. I do swings with the hammer and ab work with the med ball. Wednesday was all Kettlebell!

Thursday I woke up with some sore abs, a realtively new experience for me. Chest and back were on the agenda.

HS Chest Press 200lbs 10x10 30 seconds rest, incline flye 60lbs 3x10, key press 50lbs 3x10.
Low wide grip row 130lbs 10x10 30 seconds rest, chest supported dumbbell row 60lbs 3x10, HS pulldowns 180lbs 3x10
Deadlifts 200lbs 10x10 60 seconds rest. This is why I do no cardio on Thursdays. This is a gasser with 30% of my max.

Friday was an easy day of forearm and grip work with a little cardio. Started with wrist curls then moved onto Twist Yo Wrist, another Ironmind product. This is a great take on the wrist roller. It looks like a giant yoyo. I finished with the grip machine and then moved to the Elliptical for 25 minutes. Went HIIT on level 10.

Today is rest day. Although I will be working most of it I plan to relax as much as possible before I go back on Sunday for more. Stay Strong and Work hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment