Thursday, April 5, 2012

i think i need a new shoulder



well the past is catching up to me, or at least my shoulder. long time ago i damaged it in football, that hampered me from training any press heavy. years later as i started down the path of strongman i found no issue wit hmy shoulder. recently it has reared its head... today proved it. pain in my arm and elbow, as if i had tendinitis. the shoulder is starting to be stiff and lacks range of motion. but does that stop me? hell no!

i made it through before and with proper care i can do it again. ice and rest along with aspirin will help. a lot of stretching is part of my plan. towel or band stretches have really helped. a good massage will also be beneficial. wish i could afford ART, which would really be the best to fix this. i think a true mark of a champion is knowing when to listen to your body...think mine is telling me "next week is going to be light"


power cleans 135x2, 155, 175, 195, 215--nope!, 135x3

high pulls 405x2 5 sets
upright rows 135x10 5 sets

pushdown/extension 60x10/8 5 sets

treadmill 30 minutes

that's about it...weight dropped one pound, guess the cleaned up diet and cardio is helping. looking forward to the weekend. will be relaxing with the 'rents

No comments:

Post a Comment