Wednesday, July 21, 2010

leg day!

i knew it was coming, dreaded leg day. always tough after a layoff.needed some motivation to get me going. i found it in this song...



got myself rocking to it and headed out. and damn if it wasn't hooter than hell outside...

started with the good old squat.did warmups with 135-405. the 405 was tricky and felt heavy. but i still went deep. put 495 on the bar...first rep caught me. jiggled a little out of the rack. got it! i did 4 more singles with knee wraps on. what i really like is the fact that the reps got easier!
moved over to the hammer strength deadlift/squat machine. loaded it up to 540 and banged out 3 reps for 5 sets of my favorite, romanian deadlifts. i was heaving at the end and my back was hating me!
next on the torture list was pull-thrus. setup the stack with 100lbs. 10 sets of 10 reps later my back and ass were screaming at me!
finished the workout with wide lunges on the smith machine. 1 set with 115 on the bar...30 reps.
waddled out of the gym and went home. chugged a shake on the way.

i will pay for this tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment