Saturday, August 22, 2009

a good son

or just feeling guilty...
been trying to get in and see my mom all week. but to my dismay her therapy is going on when i show up. so i decided to stay home this morning. went to the gym instead of travelling to do events.

low back was feeling sore and tight from the earlier workout and it showed. glad i didnt go to event training. i would have quit early. romanian deadlifts on the hammer machine showed my misery...630 for 5 singles. dropped the weight in half to rep it out but i couldnt break the weight off the ground. moved over to the leg press. did 1 leg at a time. 300lbs...20 reps each. dropped 50lbs each set for the next 3. repped that out till i hurt, the good kind. zerchers were up next to torture me. 275 5 sets of 3 reps, from the bottom pin. my back hated me for that.
figured i wasnt done with my masochistic training, so i did some grip work. bar end holds and hercules holds...truly finished.

got in to see my mom. watched her finish therapy this morning. amazing to see how hard she is working. told her it was just like me training and competing. she gave me a smile and said "really?"

1 comment:

  1. I am sure mom knows how hard you work... and your comment must have meant the world to her.

    ReplyDelete